Our 12-week program is robust. It’s designed to help you get stronger, without beating you up. We developed the Functional Strength Program to fill the gaps in your gym’s programming and help you break through the plateaus that hold you back.
We’ll focus on the back squat, front squat, strict press, bench press, deadlift, and strict gymnastics movements. There’s also metabolic conditioning after each session to ensure your endurance stays intact.
What You Can Expect
- A strength-specific, standalone program that’ll get you stronger without sacrificing your cardiovascular endurance.
- Better numbers in your back squat, front squat, strict press, bench press, and deadlift.
- Increased overall fitness—because everything’s easier when you’re stronger.
- Increased strength in your joints and tendons—because being injured sucks.
- A strange feeling that Thor might not be the only one worthy of wielding the hammer. 🔨
Here’s what you get from us in exchange for your hard-earned money:
- A 12-week standalone program with 5 days per week of training sessions.
- A downloadable PDF so you can plug your plan into your schedule ahead of time and make it work for you.
- An option to use the program as an add-on program: Just perform the strength and accessory portion, and use your current group classes as the metabolic conditioning portion.
- Daily accessory work (like grip work, midline work, and other pre-hab movements) aimed at keeping you strong and safe.
- Bonus aerobic work: Once per week you’ll get an air bike workout and an erg (or run) workout to help keep your cardio going strong.
- Optional weightlifting and gymnastics complexes.
Will I lose my endurance?
No! We know how hard you’ve worked for your cardiovascular endurance. And we want you to keep that hard-earned lung capacity. While this is a strength program, there’s a conditioning component with each session. So yes – you will get stronger. And no—you won’t lose your endurance.
Can I still do group class workouts?
Yes! You can complete the Functional Strength Program as an ADD-ON to your regular gym classes or as a STANDALONE program. All metabolic conditioning workouts target the correct muscle groups for each day included.
How long does each session take?
For most days, please allow approximately 60 minutes (ADD-ON) or 120 minutes (STANDALONE).
What happens after I finish the program?
Since our programs are based on percentages and rep ranges according to your work capacity and strength, you can repeat our program cycles as many times as you wish.
May I see a sample of the programming?
We thought you’d never ask! Just enter your email below and we’ll send it your way.